Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear WINDOW guys HELP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5freak44, Apr 17, 2005.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

ok my rear window stopped going up, i thot the switch was broken (the one in my dash) but i took it apart and the switch is not the problem, i ran a jumper wire to the ground and to both of the other plugs were the switch went, and the window jerks downward when i touch one side and the window dosent do anything when i do the other... my rear key switch has never worked.

here is where i need ur help. is this going to be very difficult to fix? everything else in my electrical system works except this.

is there a fuse or something i could have blown?

the end of the plug that does nothing when i connect it to the ground looks kinda melted.

what should i do, where do the wires run.

thanks.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just went through this with my 88. In the tailgate, on the left(drivers side) latch, INSIDE the gate is a safety switch that won't allow the motor to operate up if the gate is open. I just jumped the blue wires at the switch for now.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

thats exactly what it was and if it wasant for you i woulda torn apart my dash by now. thanks.

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

i swear on my 90k5 i dont have that? but my friends 88 does? did some come without them or iam crazy