Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window (I got a hook-up)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, May 29, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My buddy has been working at a window shop for a while now. He informed me today that they have a factory tinted rear window (that I can have). My question is...is there a diffrence in the glass for powered or crank style glass? Is all 2nd gen glass the same size? Also how does it attach to the runner? Thanks,and if he has more I'll be selling for dirt cheap (to you local guy's) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

power and crank glass is all the same for blazers. Both glasses will set in a channel that rest on two rollers in the rear on both crank and power options. Basically look at how the glass sits in your tailgate now. Its more than likely glued in so if your new glass you are getting does not have a seperate channel attached you may have to carefully chizzel or dremel your old window out. Mine just happened to break so I got mine out easily. REMEMBER a rear blazer glass is totally unlike a rear suburban glass!

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Eric, the factory tinted glass isn't really a tint but rather a perforated screen shade that is attached to the glass from the factory. Have you ever looked at mine, it is the factory " tinted " rear glass.

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

They make two different styles of tinted ones they are both the same size and completly interchangeable. One is a laminated glass wheir the tint is acually laminated into the glass the only problem is that it is a softer glass and will crack easier like your windshield the other is tempered much stonger but it has the perferated tint on it, but neiter of these are very cheap around $250.00 each new. as for how it is held in their it has a channel drove on the bottom of the glass if yours is glued than it has been replaced before I use a small rubber mallet to remove the channel from ones not broken. Hope this helps.

5. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

There is a place in Memphis here called Body Panels that has non-tinted and tinted rear glass in stock for I beleive it was 80 and 90 respectively.

6. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Here's what I sell and how much:
    clear....$82.57
    green tint (same color as windshield)....$79.02
    tempered privacy(perfirated coating)....$198.42
    laminated privacy dark tint made into the glass...$210.22
    all prices are carry out excluding tax