Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window keeps dropping

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, Apr 27, 2003.

1. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Ok, The rear slider continually drops down while going over bumps. With the window down a bit you can actually push it down with your hand easily, and this is on a new regulator. I replaced it about a month ago. The old one was doing the same, But when I first replaced it, it could not be pushed down and didn't drop for about a week. Then it started doing the same as the old one.

Does anyone know what is going on here? I found nothing in the search, and nobody I know has ever heard of this.

Steve

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I am guessing this is on a K5, it would help to know if it is electric or crank. If it is electric, check you cable that rns from the motor to the regulator. If you have a broken or loose cable it might cause it. If you cable is good then double check your window is stil on the guides and in the runs. If nothing there then your motor is the next place to go, the motor is supposed to lock in one place when the power is cut, but if it is weak it might be letting the regulator work down.

3. BRN78BLAZER

Sorry, it's a 78 Blazer with the crank, not electric. I'm thinking I might just put lift up window from a pickup cap or something.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Id say you need to put it down when you drive it if it falls fast. Itll only take so many drops before it decides to shatter.

The lift up gate thing has been done. Whoever it was used a topper gate IIRC.

5. BRN78BLAZER

it falls about 1/4" each time I hit a bump. But driving for about 10 it will be down about 1"-1 1/2". I never thought about it shattering, but I guess if theres enough force for it to drop it could happen.

6. BRN78BLAZER

That should say driving for about 10 minutes it will drop about 1 - 1 1/2"

7. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Here is pics again of camper top lift up glass.If you want to look at entire post search for camper top, you will see it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BRN78BLAZER

You did an excellent job on that one. When you first posted it, is what gave me the idea scince mine was dropping. Now that I replaced the regulator once and still drops, I think I will ditch it and go for the lift up type.

9. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Good Luck with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BRN78BLAZER

I've found that it only drops if have it locked. So for now I'm just driving it with it unlocked and it doesn't drop.

Can Anybody make sense of this?