Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window latches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smartpatrol, Feb 26, 2002.

1. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

Scored a pair of rear split windows that were on a 78 cheyenne from my favorite junk yard today for $16. I am going to replace my solid windows with them. The windows are perfect except for the funky blue tint and the broken window latches. The tint is no problem but the latches i am gonna need. Does anyone know where i can pickup replacement window latches? iah ve check JC whitney, chevyduty and LMC truck. I am open to creative ideas on how to keep the windows latched short of bailing wire and duct tape.

I thought my Computer hobby was expensive......<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by smartpatrol on 02/26/02 01:24 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

I paid 4.99 for one to replace mine. I got it Autozone in the little "Help!" section. the dealer wanted 17.99 and would have to order it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/custar/index.html>Your parents WANT you click here, NOW!!</a>

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Do a search way back on here, there is a company that makes these and provides replacements free. I ordered 10 of the number posted though (even checked their web page) and it ended up being the pieces the latches actually lock to, not the latch. But you can see on the web page the latch design the windows use, so I know they have them.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Send me a PM, I have a whole bag full of them, I'll make you a great deal.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR