Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window manual question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by woods, Oct 19, 2004.

1. woods

woods Registered Member

1988 blazer with the [censored] shitty ass power rear window /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, sorry I'm not lazy or could care less about getting rained on. With snowboarding season coming I want to be able to use my rear window, and since I'll be getting back from deployment form middle east I'll have alittle cash to spend.

Now heres my question would it just be easier finding a decent rear tail gate and replace the whole thing or just switch out the innards, with the hand crank system? I looked in LMC and didnt see them even selling a hand crake replacement system.

Also anyone happen to know the cost? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

thanks
    woods

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Swapping out the regulator alone for a new one from LMC is $145 right there. Outside crank handle and components are roughly another $100 new from LMC. If you need part numbers and prices, go ahead and pm me. But it might just be cheaper the swap out the complete tailgate if you can find one in decent condition.

3. woods

woods Registered Member

thanks i'll tell my dad to start watching the junk yards

4. dmntd

dmntd Registered Member

I am in the process of finishing the electric window install on my 85 and am in the hunt for the rear electric gate. Are the rear electric windows on the K5 really that bad?

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I think it might be a climate thing that causes the motors to go bad so soon. I know here in oregon, my buddies 75 k5 is still on the original tailgate motor. His dad was the original owner of the k5 and never replaced it.

6. woods

woods Registered Member

well it also depends on if PO took carry of them also, the PO thought using grease on the window tracks worked great, I had to clean all my tracks and the rear was just so rusted and missing teeth that it broke finally, it's currently held up by zip ties and pvc pipe wedged under the window