Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window motor help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jstout, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jstout

jstout Registered Member

I have a 1988 Chevy Blazer. Ive put 3 diffrent rear window motors in and still the same problem it will always go down and
    and back up once and then on the second time trying to put it up and it wont come up but it will come up after Ilet it sit for a good while /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Welcome to CK5

Is it when u drop raise drop raise in quick succesion? If thats the case, might just be the motor overheating (i dont own a blazer). If there is time elapsed however, like driving time involved (enough for wires to shake around) it might be a shorted wire.

O btw see your from charlotte too.

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

You most likely have a problem with the wiring. There is a tailgate ground for the motor I beleive it is the passenger side latch. Make sure the latches are adjusted properly so that the tailgate shuts completely and evenly with the other body seams, so it makes good even contact. You might be building up too much current in the wires and overloading the thermal circut breaker in the fuse box. Also, check the wiring all the way back to the motor. IIRC, the wires go behind the cardboard panels in the rear. I think I remember seeing a bunch when I replaced the rear speakers.

Make sure the wires are good, the switch works, and the tailgate is a ground when it is shut. Test it all with a voltmeter or continuity tester. Good luck.