Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window Q's - pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by go3team, Jun 15, 2003.

1. go3team

go3team Newbie

Rear Window Q\'s - pics

Just wondering how to get all this stuff out of here, and where to buy the new parts from? If you cant tell from the pictures, the bottom part that holds the window is all bent up (dont ask me how, I don't know) and the rod that controls the drivers side latch dosnt have the thingy to hold it in the other hole. Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Re: Rear Window Q\'s - pics

LMC sells replacement parts but I would try the local junk yard first. That bent part *might* be the same on a Suburban which will be much easier to find. I had a suburban regulator and one from a Blazer and they looked the same. Its worth a look.

To get it apart is easy. That bent part will have a removable roller track bolted to it on each side or one side in your case. Unbolt it and remove the plastic end caps on the top sides of the tail gate and it should come out the top. The rest is just a matter of removing bolts to get the regulator out.

Good Luck

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

The parts will unbolt from the tailgate, and then fish them out. The regulator, glass channel, motor and transmission cable you can get from the dealer cheaper than LMC, and it is OEM. can Ive replaced them numerous times at work, and is not difficult.Blazer rear window parts and Sub parts are somewhat different. Not sure if you could mix and match them

4. go3team

go3team Newbie

The regulator looks fine although I may just replace everything while I am in there so I don't have to go back in the near future and replace something else.

5. go3team

go3team Newbie

[ QUOTE ]
    The parts will unbolt from the tailgate, and then fish them out. The regulator, glass channel, motor and transmission cable you can get from the dealer cheaper than LMC, and it is OEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 79, will the dealer have parts back to that year?

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Yes they have the same parts till 91. The regulator may look fine, but sometimes you can't get the white plasic guides(rollers) with out buying new regulator. If your guides arn't broke then you ok. Maybe LMC offers some kind of kit to replace them /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? Not sure.

7. go3team

go3team Newbie

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe LMC offers some kind of kit to replace them /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? Not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't show much on their website, so I guess I have to sit and wait for the catalog they offer.

8. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

LMC lists those plastic rollers but I purchased mine from Chevy Duty (I think) because the LMC part number was the same as the door window rollers and they are clearly different. So I got them from another source just to be safe. However, another member here said they got theirs from LMC and they were the correct part.

I had to grind off the original roller stud from the back of the regulator. Since I don't own the tool to refasten the new roller and rivot the correct way I was able to put some threads on the back of the rivot and use a nut to hold it on. A small nut just fit. Since the rollers are cheap plastic I assume I will have to replace them again someday so the nut will make it an easy fix down the road.