Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window ratles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Dec 10, 2001.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone else has a bad rear window ratle. Mine ratles at most RPMs and it is rather loud. When i drive alone, i dont notice becuase i usaly have theradio up loud, but when other people ride with me, i have the radio down so we can hear eachother talk, and i haer it verry clearly and it is so annoying. I am wondering if anyone has fixed something like this. I was thinking of opening up the rear window panel and tightening everything down. If that dosnt work, I was thining of replacing all the waether stripping as well... any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

mine does, but thats only when i have my subs thumpin

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

3. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

it depends on what is rattling, it could just be the release mechanism for the tailgate if it is just get yourself a piece of solid and round foam about 1 1/2 diameter and drill a small hole in it cut it length ways and put it ove the release mechanism, if its not that go thru and check everything and make sure it is tight. hope that helps. let me know

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

It is probably out of the sash at the bottom. The sash is kinda like a metal bracket that holds on to the glass. It is suppost to be held in with this stupid rubber stuff and if it gets worn it will rattle like mad. You can get new rubber from your local GM dealer... then I suggest some advehsive or glue on the rubber to hold it all together. Mine was still kinda loose afterwards and could be pulled out so I did it up tight. But no rattles. Also check the weather stripping is holding it tight and that you don't have anthing that would be making the tailgate move around like loose bolts, rusted out florr, etc.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>