Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window Regulator Replacement for 84K5 Manual Crank

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84blazerwhoopee, Feb 25, 2004.

1. 84blazerwhoopee

84blazerwhoopee Registered Member

Can anyone give a clueless dude instructions in replacement of this thing? I am going to get it this Friday and try to install it asap before my daughter and I leave for a trip.

I know nothing about body repair but I do have some mechanical ability. I can start a car two out of three times......

Randy

2. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I just replaced the same thing in one of the Suburbans. Check the following link for instructions.

window regulator

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just did it agian in my 76. The directions are pretty good in that link. But I don't take the window out. with the tailgate down, cover plate removed, put the window about 1/2 way up. Remove the 4 little bolts that hold the window onto the tracks. Use a saw horse or something similar to support the window and pull out to the "almost up" position.
    in order to get the window out, the sash/window seals need to come out. They can be a bi%$h! this way, you don't have to screw with them! The rails are opened up at one end so you can remove them for the rollers. Then there are 4 bolts that hold the regulater in. baddabing. it's out.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84blazerwhoopee

84blazerwhoopee Registered Member

Thanks Fubky! Those pics were a HUGE help!

Rando /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif