Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window removal????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85blazerk5, May 30, 2004.

1. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I posted earlier, but cannot find my post anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

It isnt too bad of a job to get the rear glass out. First put your gate down and take the inspection panel off. Then you have to take the weatherstriping that squeezes the glass out. Its held in with clips and can be a pain sometimes but you'll get it. Reaching in through the open panel will let you use a long screwdriver to reach some of the clips if you cant get them from the outside. Once you have the rubber out you have to separate the glass from the regulator. It is held in with 4 10" mm bolts, 2 on each arm. I like to get the glass halfway up/out to get to those. Once you have those out the glass should come right on out of there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

Thanks alot, I really appreciate the help.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Last winter when my dad and I were switching the tops from the blazer onto the Jimmy, for some reason the glass in the blazer came out with the top, then we just pulled it out as it got close to falling out /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif