Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window rollup

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, Jun 2, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The mechanism that makes the window go up/down when I put the key in, is broke. Could this the lock cylinder or is it something else. '84 Blazer w/ power rear window, thanks for any replys

YEEE HAWWW[​IMG]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If the key turns but nothing happens, you'll need to start troubleshooting. There is a switch in the tailgate that prevents the window from operating unless it's fully closed. If the window won't come down at all, you'll need to remove the access panel from the inside and (AFTER DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY) use a meter to ohm out the main switch and the interlock switch. Be CAREFUL if you have your hands inside the door with the power on!!! If the window starts to come down, your fingers won't slow it down much. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <font color=blue>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</font color=blue>

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

It is something else....
    Mine would not work when I got it so I just took it all apart and got to the piece that holds the lock and got it out. The problem was found to be , burnt up contacts in the switch. So I filed down what I could. Took an old blub, broke all the glass off and using diagonal cutters I cut 4 strips out of it 1/4 " long from the side of the brass bulb. I then took the soldering iron (yep...12 volt)and got some solder to stick on the old contacts,took the brass strips and folded them in half and placed one over each of the old contacts and soldered in place. Then hooked it back up to test...works like new...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got the motor replaced on mine. It costs about fifty bucks. It still doesn't alxways roll up. Just try hitting the tailgate about halfay down a little on the left where the motor is and it usually goes up.