Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window safety switch wiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Blazin, Jun 19, 2002.

1. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

I looked in the tech section and couldn't find anything. I've read it on here before also. What is the color code of the wires for the rear window safety switch at the plug under the rear bumper? I want to jumper and bypass the switch until I have time to replace it. Thanks in advance for any info!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Open the access panel, reach up to what is the top drivers side corner of the tailgate, pull that plug off (two wires) stick the bare ends of a short jumper wire into each contact on the plug, electrical tape in place. Voila, temporary fix. Thats been working on mine for a year. lol.

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I just wacked that connector right off and spliced the wires together. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

5. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

I was hoping to jumper at the plug down behind the rear bumper so I don't have to remove the access panel. I'm really searching for the wires there, but don't know which two to jumper....I need the color codes if anyone can remember. Thanks for all the replys guys!

6. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the schematic...are both wires going to the switch blue? It looks like the switch opens/closes a blue wire? The way it looks by your drawing, there is no way to jumper at the wire harness plug at the rear bumper. Looks like I will have to open up the access panel across the rear door. Thanks!

7. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Now that you've decided to remove the panel I'll chime in. Do yourself a favor and remove the driver's side latch assembly. You only need to remove the plastic clip at the latch handle that holds the rod in place and the 4 screws on the side of the gate. After you slide the latch out just short out the connectors on the latch.