Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window SPECS.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bambamtama, Nov 19, 2003.

1. bambamtama

bambamtama Registered Member

Anyone know where I can find the measurements of the rear window. I broke mine and I want to replace it with a clear plastic one. They sell em' pretty big at Home Depot. But I want to know if theres a sight or if anyone knows the size and shape that I can trace or jot down so I can use that to cut out the plastic one.

2. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

It will be pretty hard just to give you dims. of the glass and you get the curves correct so that it meets with the seal. Your best bet is to go to a junk yard and trace a pattern from a window there, but they may not like this either....

3. bambamtama

yeah, I might just have to trace out the rear cab part and add the couple of inches where it goes into the seal part.

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Your best bet is to trace the glass it's self with it out of the tailgate and channel there by getting it tall enough so that it make a good seal and is still tall enough that it will accept the window channel brackets. You also want to avoid making it too tall or it will stick out of the tailgate and get broke or bend the edges around the opening. Good Luck. I would go to the junk yard and take one out of the tail gate, set it on the hood, trace it, and then make the yard operator aware of it, they may thank you for as they won't have to pull it later, also you may ask if they have one in a storage room that you would be able to trace, often times they go ahead a pull the good glass to prevent damage to it in the yard.

5. bambamtama

Coolio...thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

why would you want a plei glass rear window? is your tuck of off-road rig only? personally I would much rather have glass just for surcurity reasons I think you could probably push plexi-glass hard enough to get it to bend out of the frame(atleast on a pick up) anyways if you do go with plexi-glass try to get 1/4in 1/8in thinck is more common and one last thing if you got plenty of $$$ look into lexan its much nicer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif