Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window stuck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Buzz, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

Did the search thing but you know how that goes and gooeesss. My rear window is stuck (up, thankfully) and when i press the switch i can hear it spin but it is spinning behind everything, behind a mounting piece or something. Is there any way of fixing this easily? What is the best way to go about this.

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you need a new regulator. Crawl back there and pull the access cover off (about 15 phillips screws). You should be able to use a cordless drill to crank the window down so you can open the gate. Run a search and you'll find a bunch of posts on how to do that.

3. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

stupid question, but where do i use the drill at? while i was looking around i got my first gander at the window tracks and they are in dire need of replacement. before i got my flashlight i thought i was running my hand against mud, etc....but with the flashlight i was able to see that that nasty, wet black stuff was my track felt /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. i don't know how in the hell to get back in there to replace that

4. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

Someone has got to know. where do i use the drill to get the window to go down. This search crap sucks and waiting 3 hrs for a reply is taxing on the ol' patience.

5. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

There is a cable that hooks to the motor on the driver side center

Unscrew the cable and attach that into a drillgun and SLOWLY turn it to lower the window.

6. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

thank you very much