Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window Stuck!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '83K5Diesel, Sep 8, 2001.

1. '83K5Diesel

'83K5Diesel Newbie

I have a power rear window on my Blazer, and the other day when I tried to open it, it went part way down and then binded up on me. If I go to the back and push in on the window as it is going down, then it will go all the way down. It comes up fine, but I can hear the window move or something when it gets to the spot where it gets stuck. I've taken the access panel off and everything looks fine. The window has always worked before. Thanks for helping out the new guy.

Eric

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

OK Eric, first off welcome to the site!! Now, go back and fill out your profile so we'll know ya better.

The rear power windows are a big pain, lots of guys convert to manual for just this reason. Everything has to be lubed real well and there is a safety switch that gets flaky. You might try to search this subject....it's been hashed out allot. Good luck!

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. '83K5Diesel

'83K5Diesel Newbie

Hey, thanks Michael. I filled out my profile, and I'll try a search on that topic and see what I find.

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Also note that the cable get's all gummed up and stops the window from working alltogether. Take out the cable and see if it still spins. if not replace it and watch your window work like new...

Surfing is Life...

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

There is not much room inside the gate for all the internals...sometimes the window sash catches the gate latch bracket on the way up or down. It might require a bit of tweaking to make sure nothing hits...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. '83K5Diesel

'83K5Diesel Newbie

Thanks guys. I did a search and found out just what you said. Also, can the cable be greased somehow, or is it better just to replace it? How much are they? The next time I go home and get a chance to work on it, I'll get it fixed. It's great finding message boards like this where people know what they're talking about.

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

The cable is like $25 from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.cheyennepickup.com>www.cheyennepickup.com</a>. I just installed one last week, cause my other one was broken. I also installed a new motor, the window goes up fast now, but still goes down, kinda slow. I was wondering if maybe the "transmission" (thats what LMC calls it anyways) goes bad? Its the one that the other end of the cable plugs into. Anyways good luck!

8. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Mine had a bit of trouble recently, and I'm still working out the bugs. But one of the problems was the metal rail at the bottom of the glass was hanging up on the base of the window motor. Hope this helps...

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

9. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

On mine there was a little plastic guide that slid in the track to raise the window, it vanished and it caused a binding, I replaced it and then the switch in the door upper right hand side when facing it shorted out, then I got real smart got a soft top and then damned window stays down ALLLLLL the time now.

White Knight