Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bowtied, May 22, 2001.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Registered Member

Howdy all, I have an 87 Blazer. Every time I try to close the rear window it comes to a sudden halt about 6 inches from the top. If you apply light pressure to it, from the outside as it's going up, it will go up without a hitch. Does anyone know of a good fix?
    Thanks for the help!
    Bowtied

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

my 89 was doing the same thing, but not quite as bad. i pulled the cover off, and the cable was the culprit. i'm picking one up today from the dealer. $38 plus tax.
    the cable is right on top when you pop the cover, and you can use a drill to raise or lower the window. mine is shot, the window is up until i replace the cable. i've been wanting to take the top off, but i'm kinda stuck right now.

good luck.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Mine was doing the same thing. Heres what the deal was:
    My tracks were a bit worn, also there is a bracket that screws onto the window and attaches via some little plastic
    pivots, well those too were worn out. What it was doing was letting the window actually lay in there not straight up like its supposed to be and the metal lip that is glued to the bottom of the window was hanging on the edge of the motor. So I tightened everything up as best I could and took my grinder and took a little of the edge of the metal strip and made it like a little ramp, so that when it hits the edge of the motor it slides instead of hanging up. Now it works smooth as silk. Hope this helps.

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90-350TBI-TCI700-241-33"-10/12 bolt w/4.10's,
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

4. Bowtied

Thanks for the reply. It gives me a place to start.
    Bowtied

5. Bowtied

Thanks for the info. Ill be giving it a try, hopefully this week.
    Bowtied