Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89poohbear, Jan 10, 2002.

1. 89poohbear

89poohbear Registered Member

I recently got an 89 V10 Blazer Scottsdale from a friend of mine.

2 things that're wrong with it that he knows of is the battery is completely dead...won't even tak a charge now.

I'll just get a replacement battery.

Also, the rear window handle doesn't operate the window. The only way to get it down is to pull it down with my hand. There is some spring action when it's about halfway down. Also, the only way to get it to stay up is to pull it mostly up, close the rear gate, and push it up with my hand.

Is the repairable, or should I comb the local junkyards for a rear tailgate for an 89 blazer?

2. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

yeah it's repairable, im just not sure now to do it. take off that planel on the inside of the tailgate and you can see fairly easily how the whole mechanism works. at first reading i thought that your little rollers on the arms that lift the window were no in their tracks for some reason. but it is really easy to tell for sure whats wrong, its just a matter of working a screwdriver. good luck.

-mxmastermike, the 4000th registered user