Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MTBLAZER89, Dec 1, 2002.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Might be a dumb question but who knows? On my 89 K5 when I roll down the back window it still sticks up about 1 1/2 inches is this normal or should it go all the way into the tailgate?? Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 02trublu

02trublu Registered Member

it goes all the way down in my 91. i would assume yours is the same. take the rear cover tailgate cover off and see whats holding it up.

3. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

my 85 stick up about 1/2 to 3/4 inches

4. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

If you have one of those spare tire holders that swing into the tailgate, the bolts on the bracket ( that pass through the tailgate at the bottom), The bolts can hold the window up partially.

-Matt

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

do a search on rear window- I think you will find that everyone has 1 of 2 things happen- either it goes all the way, or it sticks up 1/2 "...mine stuck up, but after moving some stuff around inside the tailgate it goes all the way down now. Course it was easy for me, I keep the rear cover off, since I have my DeWalt hooked up to it 24/7 so I can put it up or down...next summer I'll tackle the reason it won't work on its own.

Brandy

6. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

I have an 89 jimmy and it also sticks up about 1 1/2" and seems that it will not go down all the way. I have pulled the cover to oil the tracks and could not find anything that was holding it up but it seems that the track is long enuff to let it go all the way down so I think it may have skipped a few teeth on the motor assemblaly so it is indexed wrong. I would go tear into it to see but I have no "man space" and it is fawkin cold out there. Anyone in the N.Idaho area that has a man space? Hell for that matter anyone in the N. Idaho area?