Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Dec 23, 2002.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

I have a 76 K5 and the rear window has ceased manual operation. I doesn't roll up or down with the manual crank handle. I have taken off the inside panel and can't really see the mechanism that moves the window assembly. Anybody have any experience with this and knows what the fix entails. Thanks!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Most likely your regulater is busted , that is what makes it go up and down. Should be about 150.00 part #38-6588 from LMC . Your going to have to start tearing into it before you can be sure though, good luck... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

same thing happened to me about 9 - 10 years ago :-) i can now play name that part with the tailgate any way ill pm ya my nu and i allways have a few good manuel regulators around (just in case ) so send me a e if ya want me to help ya on this 1
    Randy

4. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

You should get out your tools and start taking it all apart. I rebuilt my entire tailgate and although it was a challenge, it all works great now. The first thing you should do is clean everything up. You can see right away which parts are worn and not working. There are two little plastic rollers that should be round, but are probably rectangular. The regulator has a big spring on it and some gears. clean these really good and free everything up.

It goes back together pretty easily. Just go for it and you won't be sorry. If you leave it like it is and keep wrenching on the handle, the handle will break. Make sure everything is operating freely before you put it all back together.

Good luck.