Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RustBuket, Aug 15, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well I just bought a blazer and I think its pretty sweet but the rear door doesn't open and I think its because the window doesn't go down all the way. The window goes down till the top of the glass is about 3-4" about the tailgate...is this right? If not, how should I got about fixing this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

My tailgate window did that when I first bought my rig, come to find out, the regulator was missing a few teeth on the gears so that is where it stopped. So my first guess would be to check the regulator for missing teeth.

3. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

on my blazer (that I sold /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) the window wouldn't go down, either (rust). I am not sure if it's related to the door latch or not... but you should be able to open the door by taking the plate off the inside of the gate and pulling on the two rods that extend from the handle to the latches on either side... I believe you can just pull up on them from outside the truck.
    Good luck!
    Tom

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Figure out why it doesn't go down all the way, and fix that, then it will open correctly.

You can pop the access panel off from the inside, and pull the two "rods" towards the center of the tailgate to unlatch it, so you can work on it easier.

The tailgate won't unlatch (with the exterior handle) if the lower edge of the window doesn't engage the lever at the bottom of it's travel.

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Alright, well I'll get to that l8r when I get the new engine in place.