Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RustBuket, Aug 23, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Ok, I got the gears back in step so the arms now raise up and down with each other and I got the switch jumped so it doesn't matter if its opened or closed but now, the window frame is bent because of the many years of opening and closing it with the gears out of synch....(not me it was the PO). Anyways, I need to get the frame off the glass so I can either bend it back or buy a new one, how do I do this? TIA for you help.

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

So know one's ever done this b4? Hmmmm, guess I'll take this one to a shop then. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

They are supposed to be pressure fit with a strip of rubber or something. I guess you can pull it off or very gently pry it off. To install, lay the rubber strip, new one if possible, over the grove and press the window in.

I have never done this with the exception of have a door window come out on its own after I pulled the glass.

Good luck

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Ok I'll try that!