Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear wings. Mine didn't come with one- :(

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Apr 2, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

rear wings. Mine didn\'t come with one- :(

I do quite a bit of highway/city driving going out for parts for our boats and docks--and we are entering the MUD season here in MAine-- My rear window gets decked with mud and road grist..

What can I do to eliminate that crap on my rear window? I have a tendency to want to open the rear window and then all that crude scrapes the glass(like my old 86 blazer did). I've seen rear wings on some-- does that help?

Would installing a rear window washer tank and pump be better(shoot a few quirts of blue while barreling down the freeway?) or maybe custom fit a rear wiper essembly? (no, that might get my ride confused with a jeep!)

What helps? where can i get this--(without paying up the wazzoo for dealer prices, THANKYOU!)

-or is this another silly useless item the blazer could do without....

-DeeVee8

where do you find those stupid smiley faces anyway...

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: rear wings. Mine didn\'t come with one- :(

Well, I keep all the windows rainexed. Then when I get mud on them I just hit it with the hose and it comes right off...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

The wing keeps the rear-window a lot cleaner, and also helps keep the fumes out. I know some guys dont like the look but I think it looks alright.

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

4. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Espen, I checked out your web page. Seems you've got the best of both worlds in your stable, clean K5 and a lean Thunderbird! Particularly liked the kick start, magneto, no nonsense - function over form.