Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rearched spring's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by captain chaos, Mar 29, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

rearched spring\'s

has anyone had there spring's rearched? i think i read somwhere that they sag over time? i have 8" er's that i want to get to 12" or 14". anyone know where the closest place to north dakota would be? thank's
    dave

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: rearched spring\'s

I wasn't aware that you could re-arch springs to a completely different ride height.....! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Seriously, I don't know if that's really possible....if have to believe that the physical LENGTH of a 12" lift spring leaf is longer than the leaves in an 8" spring. The re-arching might get you more ARCH but the spring eyes would be too close together to actually bolt up to your frame/shackles anymore....

Does that make sense? By the way....how big of a tire are you planning.....those are BIG springs you're talking about!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i just thought that at on time i had read somthing about that. i was confused about that eye to eye also. that's why i asked if anyone new anything. i run 42" swampers now. want to run 44's when i mud run. running 8" spring's, 2" body and cutout's now. have room for 44's now just want more. cost's me $100.00 everytime i get pulled over, so might as well be as high as i can get it. ha ha
    thank's
    dave

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

gregs right about the spring mounts moving. just get a set made. a spring shop wopuld probably let you swap and pay a little more. unless you just really want to move the mounts

nathan

5. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

What you can do is get a new mainleaf made up for you and the rest of your pack re-arched to match..

Expect some sagging with re-arched springs tho.