Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REARCHED SPRINGS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Feb 2, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any experiance with this?
    Theres a place locally that does it I got some saggy 2 1/2in lift spring and right now can afford anything better I was thinking of having them arch them another inch(making them 3 1/2in) Would that 1in make them ride really rough?

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

NO ONE HERE HAS EVER HAD A SET OF SPRINGS RE-ACCHED? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    WOW I THOUGH SOMEONE HERE HAD DONE EVERYTHING /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

A rearched spring will normally return to its saggy self. Its not a real popular thing to do because of it.

A buddy of mine used to get Tampa Spring to tweak a few more inches out his springs when new. He never had any problems but he was running GM springs on a Yota so the weight wasnt there to drag it back down. 12in GM springs, tweaked to 15 on a rig 1/2 the weight of what they are supposed to support makes for 1 BIIIIG Yota. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    NO ONE HERE HAS EVER HAD A SET OF SPRINGS RE-ACCHED?
    WOW I THOUGH SOMEONE HERE HAD DONE EVERYTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, like you may want to chill just a couple of degrees. There's really no reason to get all bent cause your question went unanswered for two hours, this ain't McDonald's.

And to help ya a little, rearching will change spring rates and probably roughen your ride up just a tad bit.

Furthermore, you may want to familiarize yourself with the Search feature, you can yield some resluts most of the time.

Read this
    and read this
    and last but not least, this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

I had the rear spring on my burb re-arched, for the money I would have been better off going with add-a-leafs. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I think that re-arching is more of i way to get back to stock ride height than a way to get lift. You'll get better ride, flex, and longetivity with new lift springs. Also, arched springs (although they are the same distance between the springeyes) are longer. If you re-arch a spring to a greater arch than it was intended for, it will be too short.

7. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Looks more like 26 hours to me

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

2 hours, 26 hours, what's the difference besides a day? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I think there is probably a lot of different things you can do without spending a lot of money. I used 57" Ford springs that I had re-arched with 2" of additional arch and a additional long leaf below the main leaf added for stability. I wanted more flex than the short lift springs but not so much flex that it made it bob and roll like a cork. I also turned the springs around to move the axle 4" further back than stock. Just another idea to consider.

10. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

GEEZ I wasent trying to sound all mad or anything it was more then a day so I though I would bump the post back up. Every question I have ever asked here has been well anwsered thats they only reason I said anything.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Okay, we be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif