Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rearend assembly diagrams?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crazylarry74, Feb 9, 2001.

1. crazylarry74

crazylarry74 Registered Member

Where can i find diagrams for installation of 4.56 gears with a detroit ez locker for a 12 bolt?

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Check all the back issues of Off-road, 4wheel mags, they do it all the time......it's not really a DIY project, and I do all my own stuff. A shop manual would be helpful also.

Michael[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Richmond gears has a video that you can get from Summit Racing ($18). Another place is the Chiltons manual (big book). It's not really a do it yourself type task, but it can be done. Takes a lot of patience and it's tedious and there are some tools that you will need that there is no substitute. Requires putting it together, taking it apart, moving shims, putting it back together etc. I writing a tech paper on it right now for a class I'm taking that should give easier to follow procedures for the DIY types (due in March).

4. crazylarry74

crazylarry74 Registered Member

I figured it out got it all installed and even made it up wheeling on sunday and it did awesome im very pleased with the detroit ez locker