Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rearend cover ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lonnie, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a source of matching front D60 & rear 14FF covers? Looking for both form & function. Not interested in chrome that is just waiting to peel or rust.

The Mag-hytech looks very good, but I could not find a listing on the front unit.

I see some various aluminum finned ones, but am unsure of the quality. Any ones that look nice (finned polished etc.)& do not leak?

LPW makes nice units with the bearing cap preloads, but will these clear the front tie rod?

Too bad the strong clear plastic ones are only available for the front....LOL.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the strong clear plastics are available for 14 bolts I believe. www.cleargearz.com give them a ring and find out. My rear cover is a BlueTorch Fabworks 14 bolt cover with iron cross. No pic on hand but there are some over at www.bluetorchfab.com I and another memeber here had quality control issues with them but customer service is in the midst of clearing them up. Namely my ring gear hits the cover and they sent me out a new one immediately when I told them that and they looked up the other guy on here in their files and called him up and did the same for him(what a run on). I am expecting it in the next few days and will post asap when it comes in and I know how the fit is. If it clears I will definetally buy one whenever I get a D60. 3/8" mounting flange and 1/4" cover plate, quality is up there they just claim it was a small mess up with the jigs.

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I like the clear gears I wounder how strong they are. I got my diff covers from a guy on ebay he sold me both diff covers for my d60 and 14bff and a disck break kit for 235 shipped to my door but they havent got here yet I just ordered them so I cant tell much abought them yet but from the pics they look bullet proof do a search on d60 diff cover on ebay and he is the one with the escovator puching on the cover.

4. edlavarreda

edlavarreda Registered Member

I welded a d44 cover on top of the 14 b smooth out the welds and I tell everybody is a dana 90 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

magtecs are great if you have $250+ to spend on a diff cover. seems a little silly to me... why not just run a cheap bling aluminum cover + a tube-steel rock guard of some sort? that way u get good cooling and its rock-resistant.

j

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

MOO makes a great cover for both axles, they are strong as you can get them, carry more gear oil and Steve angles the bottom so you dont lose any clearence from shimming your axles

http://www.mo-offroad.com/Diffcovers.htm

heres a link to them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif