Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REAREND IS FREAKING OUT!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Aug 17, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

Help! the welded rearend i have is shuttering real bad! i need 373 gears now!! like yesterday! anyone got any? if you do pm me please i am in a real bind this is my daily driver! so help me please!
    thanks
    kelly /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

12 bolt? 14 bolt?

Rene

3. NEOMASTINO2U

sorry its a 14 bolt, just got home from the drive in movies and boy was it a hairy ride didn't think she was going to make it, it is bad just started tonight on the way home, money is tight so i need a good rearend for cheap if anyone has one?
    kelly

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I can get you a 14 bolt with 3.73 only thing is it has a gov loc if you're into that kinda thing,LOl I think i can find an open carrier too.

5. NEOMASTINO2U

unfortunatly not into that but i am desperate i need just the spider gear but now i think i may need the whole damn thing wont know until i check it out,unfortunatly i am an idiot when it comes to the gears, i usually take it to a shop but i can't afford to do that so i guess i will be taking out the ol' chilton book and figuring it out on my own, aaron was supposed to get me some spider gears but hasn't had any luck getting them now i can't wait unfortunatly i need them now, so let me know how much okay,
    thank you
    kelly

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

let me know what you find out, i will be able to be up there in about a week and a half if you need the whole thing if it is just the spiders i'll have to check with my buddy.

7. NEOMASTINO2U

thank you soooo much, if i could trust driving it i would drive it into a tree right about now! i will let you know whats going on hopefully tomorrow.
    kelly

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'll check on Monday for you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I can get them, but are you willing to pay for new ones? I'll let you know how much for the whole set up. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. NEOMASTINO2U

Thanks but would really like to find used ones don't know if i can afford new ones, renee may have some for me he is going to call me and let me know, but thanks anyway.
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

So what are the symptoms other than shudder? maybe more detail?
    sure it isnt a u joint?
    still have those welded spiders in?

11. NEOMASTINO2U

hey long time know talk, how was fishing? hope ya caught one! anyway not a ujoint and ya the welded ones are still in, actually just sent money to shannon for open spiders hopefully when i tear into it it is only that and nothing serious! keeping fingers crossed! actually it is growling almost making all kinds of noise so ya wanna help me?! please! pretty please! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

ya sure, but then Id have to worry bout you goin to Les Schwabbs a 3rd time and getting screwed and then MY name would be getting [cencored] on.. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    and also I have some dirt to go pick up /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but seriously, Im been in too much pain to do it, my 14ff nearly killed me with this vertabrae problem /forums/images/icons/confused.gif wish i could but not for a while..

13. NEOMASTINO2U

hey now i only took it to les schwab for the brakes not the gears i only usually get tires and rims and brakes from those guys, now seriously you wouldn't have to do any work you can just supervise and make sure i am doing it right and bring the kids and wife! my hubby and i can barbecue for ya! all i need is experience to walk me through it, and trust me i know about pain it isn't fun, i can even bring you out a lawn chair and you can bark orders to me! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    hey now i only took it to les schwab for the brakes not the gears i only usually get tires and rims and brakes from those guys,

[/ QUOTE ] oh, and the "I got screwed and sold balljoints i didnt need post? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. NEOMASTINO2U

nah i did get screwed for the ball joints, but i did need them they were bad but i only took it in for a popping noise they said it was ball joints, turned out to be my fender! but i also took it to a different les schwab then my normal one! teach me to take it to a stranger! my ball joints could of waited hell a couple of more years! guess i should of got a second opinion! now i know only to take it to my regular store none of this just because its closer bull! teach me to save time!LOL! now i drive the extra 15 minutes to go to the regular one! they all know me and they actually run for there lives when i pull in!LOL! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif the brakes my regular store did but that had to be done, remember it is my daily driver couldn't wait for parts ya know! at least now i am asking for help with rearend instead of taking it in somewhere! right! so ya gonna come and supervise me! i even have a nice reclining lawn chair for ya and a swimming pool for the kids! how bout it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif