Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rears rears and more rears..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PineyPower, Nov 7, 2001.

1. PineyPower

PineyPower Registered Member

ok my firend just blew his motor in his 81 k20 pick up..He doesn`t want anything to do w/ the truck anymore..He has a danna 44 in the front and i think a 14 bolt corrpet in the rear(how can u tell if`s it a 14 bolt and also there full floating right) the question is will they fit under my blazer w/ no problem and how much u think i should give him for them??

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

14 bolts will have 14 bolts holding the rear cover on. the Full Floater will have an oblong shape to it in addition to what look like hubs coming out of the center of the wheel. If the gears are right (4.10's or sumthing) i would offer what ever you think they are worth. do they need rebuiling? re geared? so the price is a weird subject.

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    They will both fit under your blazer without much problem. You will need to get new wheels though. (8 lug) As far as the 14 bolt gos there are 2 corprate 14bolts from GM. One is a 14bolt FF the other is a 14bolt SF. You can tell if it is a 14 bolt by counting the bolts holding on the differential cover. Also, the 14 bolt FF will have hubs sticking out of the center of the wheels and the SF will not. I would offer him a grand for the whole truck take the axles and part out what you dont need.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

They will bolt up to your Blazer but you will have to get a special U-joint and move the shock mounts.
    It should be a 14bolt FF (the one you want). They have a big hub sticking through the wheel and the semi floater does not.
    I am buying a set for $400. I wouldn't go any higher than that.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I see most 3/4 ton axles go for around $500 a set. I'd offer him $100 and a case of beer and go from there!

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

They will bolt up no sweat. I bought a 78 3/4 ton 4x4 complete for $350 a few months back. Maybe that will help you decide how much to offer him. I guess it all comes down to how much they are worth to you.

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!