Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reason #47 why CK5ers ROCK! ****MUST READ*****

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A couple of weeks ago I posted up asking for info on buying a digital multimeter. A fellow member, MJF(Mike), replied and told me that he had a spare DMM that he would send me. After a couple of PMs back and forth, Mike agreed to send me a Fluke 77 and a Fluke 87 for FREE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Well, I wasn't about to object. He PMed me to let me know they were in the mail, and I replied asking him how much the shipping cost him because I wanted to reimburse him(eh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) for that at the very least. To my surprise, he refused to accept my money because he "enjoys helping people out". /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Well, as promised, both DMMs showed up in the mail today, along with a free set of leads. The friggin' things even had batteries in them!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyhow, for those of you that know Mike, I'm sure this comes as no surprise. I spent a few minutes scanning through some of his past posts and noticed that he indeed takes joy in helping others out.

Mike, thank you very much for going the extra million miles and helping me out so much. And for those of you who question whether joining CK5 is worth it, let's just say that this one transaction paid for the next 22 years /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif of CK5 for me...... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

That's good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Awesome, there are some wonderful people on here. You rule Mike! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Right On! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    Bill

6. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Re: Reason #47 why CK5ers ROCK! ****MUST READ***** *DELETED*

Post deleted by MJF

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

CK5 ROCKS!!!!

8. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

I will take the one you do not want off your hands and will pay both Mike's and your shipping to me.

Nice way to say thank you.

BH.

9. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

BTW, that was a way of telling Mike he is a good guy and you are a good guy for posting the situation. That did not come across in the way I originally said it.

BH. .

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

No problem, cranky. You're just living up to your name, that's all!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Yea, I know. Since I think I am the oldest on here (59) guess I have earned my name. Plus being from Texas gives me an added excuse.

Having a balmy evening here. 75F.

BH.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That was totally cool on Mikes part /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    let's just say that this one transaction paid for the next 22 years of CK5 for me......

[/ QUOTE ]
    Damnit to hell now We'll never get rid of Your sorry ass /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Damnit to hell now We'll never get rid of Your sorry ass /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif