Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reason a snowplow is not a bulldozer....or pics of my dumb a$$ stuck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Got a little spring fever today. The big log in the backgroung has been bugging me for the last 8 months. Thought I would push it down into the ditch behind with my plow blade....DUMB MOVE! After pushing it about 10 feet I sank up to my hubs in nacho cheese consistancy mud. The plow wedged all the way up taking the weight of the truck. Even though my rear wheels were on pavement I had no traction. Had to crawl through the mud pull the plow and HiLift it enough(check out how much of the jack sank in the mud!)to get some blocks under the wheels. Major suckage!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Ouch. Looks like someone needs to buy some mud tires. lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

I would have burried 38"s in that crap. That cinder block you see is really 3 stacked on top of each other. I just kept pushing them down till I hit something solid.

Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Damn that had to of sucked big time and half way on the pavement to boot.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

got winch?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks
    that is why i got a multi-mount winch unattach from front and re attach rear and up and out

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

7. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I did a really dumb one a couple of weeks ago.

When I'm not mudding I HATE to get stuck. If I go out with the intention that hey, I might get stuck while having fun then thats OK.

We went for a little drive as a family. My father-in-law finaly came with us which he has never done before. We were definatly not going mudding.

I was raised on a ranch, and I usually have pretty good sense about these thing. I haven't gotten stuck in over 15 years when I was trying not to.

As luck would have it I got 50 feet off the payment (maybe not even that) before getting REALLY stuck. It took a 4 wheel drive tractor, and a backhole over 3 hours to get me out.

This was an area where I was born and raised. This is evidently a VERY bad place that everyone just stayes away from this time of year. For some reason this bit of knowlege had escaped me and I had no idea.

I know now... :)

Jeff

8. all hail the highlift! yours is the same lovely two tone as mine!!

greg

9. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Thank God for the highlift!....Every other truck I own are all parked at my shop a few miles away. Would have looked pretty stupid walking across town covered in mud to go get something to pull me out of my own driveway.

Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]