Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reason not to drive a ford or have blocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 19, 2002.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

See this far too often dont we, mabey some one should introduce the thought of a solid axle Blazer, then this guy would have a cheaper lift so he could afford rear springs!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm not a fan of blocks...but I did run them for 5 years and I never had that problem. Maybe he didn't re-torque his U-bolts or something?

rene

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's been posted a few times. There are some other shots from other angles. It was at some 4x4 event at a store. They had some rocks or cars that thing was climbing up and spit the blocks out. Those truck come from the factory with a 2 inch block. Ford uses the same spring, spring mounts on the 4x4's and the block adjusts the hight. As I recall, instead of going to a single taller block they stacked the factory block on another block. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i think lift blocks are right up there with drunk driving, i see so many people around here who use blocks its not funny, actually i am one of the very few up here that have all springs for a lift. every one is always suprised when they see the springs in the rear. i have had cops pull me over at night just to check if i had blocks in my rig, seeing as they are illeagle in maine.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Funny.... I think the new Silverado's use factory blocks too... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Dodge uses blocks in the rear from the factory also!

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

They're at about 5" too ! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Think again! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

My new 2500HD doesn't have any blocks.

Mike

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll be getting rid of the blocks in my lift soon !!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now my debate is either: Springer Suspension ( $533.00 + shipping , I've been wanting that for awhile now, but might have a issue with shocks, not sure if I'd have to relocate mounts. ) or just a set of rear lift springs. ( I can get a set of BDS rear springs for my 6" lift at a local 4X4 shop for $320.00 and no shipping ) What would you do ???

10. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

It was a 1500 Silverado I saw with factory blocks. I guess some do, and some don't - or HD's are exempt /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

eventhogh i'm guilty of running them i'm not a big fan either but that is all part of a project build up or in between upgrades /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have found that sucess in wheeling is a major touchdown for myself. I like the hit the unpaved trails that are located in uncivilized territory that do not endure much utilization. Therefore, the modifications that I would heartily advise you making would be relocating a drivetrain that is rated at 75% of 2000 pounds (which is cheaper than 2000 pound units, but these units are better) and would incorporate a leaf spring leaf on all four intersecting points of your conveyance in the 400mm to 600mm range and a tire that is substationally taller and wider in stature than the tires that came with your conveyance. Now, I don't know how you feel about removing some of the metal material from the front quarter panels, so I will leave that to you. That will get you home safe and sound. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Damn Bubba Ray, what have you been smoking?????

Mike

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Kind of a new twist on an ancient subject, wouldn't you agree? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Only a few more weeks and I should have my new lift on,so I get rid of my blocks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

If you're happy with the spring rates do a shakle flip and save a ton of money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif