Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reason to go to war...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Feb 5, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I read somewhere if the war is long gas prices will go up.With control petro comps have it prob will stretch out.Hope not,Got friends who have to go. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If oil (gas) prices go up they do nothing but screw themselves... so they need to think long and hard about how bad off they will make things by raising the cost. I refuse to pay and I know others will too. Sure we'll buy what we need to get by (head to work and such) but we won't buy like before. So they'll lose money. People won't go out to shop because they have to save for what little gas they use, so stores will suffer. Nobody will travel because they can't afford the gas rather it by car or plane. That will suffer. Internet sales will suffer too. Who will pay more for UPS/FedEx/USPS because they will charge more to make up for higher gas prices. Look at how many products are made from oil that will cost more, more then likely causing people to not buy them. All and all, they raise prices sky high and the stuff will hit the fan... when it does they won't have anyone to blame but themselves for not realizing we needed to come up with other ways to get oil.... my 2 cents /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Did anyone else watch Colin Powell's presentation to the UN this morning?

Rene

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Some of it.... I'm willing to bet we are into war by March, maybe even earlier...

6. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I don't think Fumes did...... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm willing to bet we are into war by March, maybe even earlier...

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I don't really believe in this cause. I don't think Saddam is a threat. If he did use his chemical weapons the world would crush him in a second. The only thing he would gain by using these weapons is the title of a matyr. But he has everything to loose, his life, his country.

8. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I don't think Saddam is a threat. If he did use his chemical weapons the world would crush him in a second. The only thing he would gain by using these weapons is the title of a matyr. But he has everything to loose, his life, his country

[/ QUOTE ]

He has already used his weapons before....and was not crushed. I don't think he should have the opportunity/choice to use them again! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

c-span is good about putting videos on their website (and they're free..unlike cnn /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif )

http://www.c-span.org/

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No kidding. I don't really believe in this cause. I don't think Saddam is a threat. If he did use his chemical weapons the world would crush him in a second. The only thing he would gain by using these weapons is the title of a matyr. But he has everything to loose, his life, his country.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on the fence until I saw Colin Powell speak this morning. He presented a fair chunk of evidence that shows just what Iraq is really up to. Personally I don't think Saddam cares about anything aside for his own life. He doesn't care about his own people...in fact he has used his own people for chemical and biological weapon testing in the past. I think the UN as a whole has good reason to go in there and kick some ass until Saddam rolls over and hands em the keys.

Rene

11. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I dont really like war, but sometimes it is neccessary. Saddam doesnt care what he does, and he is going to eventually do something really bad if he isn't stopped.

Look back at the history of WWII. We didn't want to get involved because the enemy hadn't done anything to us. But only after Pearl Harbor was something done about it.

As for gas prices, I'm afraid to see what they will be like this summer. It just went up to around $1.50 here. And I know it's a lot more in a lot of places.

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

The war will be about petroleum. (in Bush's mind) He will get our support by talking about the "possible weapons of mass destruction" and what Saddam does to his own people. You have to understand that they will tell us and show us ANYTHING to get our support.

War is not the way to peace. But it sure guarantees us that we are still king of the world.

Ya he's got some stuff in dumpsters lying around. Ya he treats his own people like crap. But he is not really a threat like North Korea is. And they are just holding us HOSTAGE! And we fall for it! If we're going to bomb someone with weapons of mass destruction, it should be North Korea. Not those bunch of hooligans in Iraq. We could just walk in there and take over. We don't need to go to war with them.

Just my 2 cents worth...

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Oil is just the spoils of war on this one........

In the word of a Marine, "Saddam needs an a** kickin and we're the country to give it to him."

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I'm not a fool I don't want to see a war especialy with my Brother going there for a second time and my nephew sitting in a sub in the gulf, not to mention my other nephew and my brother-in-law who are both state side. I do how ever feel that the guy needs to be delt with.
    As for gas prices, I'm afraid to see what they will be like this summer. It just went up to around $1.50 here. And I know it's a lot more in a lot of places.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I just paid $1.80 today 35 gallons worth.

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sure this war is about Oil. Who do you want controlling 1/3 of the worlds oil supply? A derainged madman with dreams of world conquest. Or the free Market.
    The world looked the other way while Hitler re-armed Germany in total violation of the treaty of Versies. look what a mess that turned out to be. The Europens thought Germany was contained and weak till they woke up to the screaming death of WW2
    "Those who dont learn from History are condemmed to repeat it"
    This business of loking for a "Smoking Gun" is a bunch of BS
    A "Smoking Gun" Is a weapon that has been used and has done its destruction.
    Just subistute "City" for the word "Gun" and it makes all the Anti war arguments sound really stupid and irrevelant.
    Its time to Bomb , Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Bomb Sadamm
    Then we can deal with North Korea.
    Its about time we cleaned out all these Evil little men who want only to spread death and destruction through out the world.
    Its a tough job but someones gotta do it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

OK ,I was just having fun, Most of the time I have to beat you fawkers off with a stick ,if I say something serious and this isn't the time..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So who made US the world leaders? Who are we to talk about using Weapons Of Mass Destruction? Afer all... WE are the only people on the planet who were crazy enough to use them first...

So now WE are the guys to tell the world that THEY are not good enough to use the same weapons? Who are WE to tell them this? Are we right? Are they right? I think it depends on where you live.

It's so easy to say that we are right. It's very hard to say that we are wrong. But who's to judge? If it's BUBBA! We're in trouble... LOL!!!

18. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

1-cuz sadaam is an ass

19. uglychevyZZ4

2- cuz he needs a whoopin

20. uglychevyZZ4

3- oil is too expensive