Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reboot problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For no reson at all my computer reboots. I could be making a post here on CK5 or watching TV, then all of a sudden this f*cken computer will reboot it's self. It's getting real annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something. Any idea what is cousing this ??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

ummmm, have you done a virus scan lately?

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

make sure your computer isn't overheating. You might have a virus too. If you have a virus and it can't be fixed, you will have to reformat.

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i recently lost my entire home network to the iworm. funniest part is that i have run updates for grisoft and mcafee and neither one can find or stop it. grisoft tagged it once right before the s hit the fan. mcafee has yet to be of any use and i now have three very large, very expensive paper weights. think im gonna say f'it and start over. would be nice to get some of my photos off the new computer before i take a sledge to it though. oh well. make sure that your updates are current to at least this week. my mcafee won't update anymore and only updated to the day before i got hacked so its worthless.

that other idea sounds good, too- check your cpu temp to make sure your not shutting down automatically.

5. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What Windows are you running? (95, 98, 98SE, 2000, ME, XP ECT.)

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Mine used to do that, theres a thing in xp that causes a re-boot (instead of the blue-screen of death) during a critical failure. I don't rember how I turned it off but I did till I fixed the problem

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

kick it harder...it wont reboot on you..ever.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Doood... That's the random reboot feature that's been bundled with almost every Winblows operating system... Duh! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

well hell... if you were Fumes I would say pull your d!ck out of it and it would stop rebooting, but since your not... I dont have any help what-so-ever... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I would guess either overheating but more like a dying power supply. The voltage can get low causing the mother board to reboot.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm back !!! It turned out to be a hardware problem. Some capasitars on the mother board went bad. But anyways, IBM replaced the mother board free of charge. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    capasitars

[/ QUOTE ] huked on fonix werks four u /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Glad you are alright, nice to have you back. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    capasitars

[/ QUOTE ] huked on fonix werks four u /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] How long is it going too take for some of y'all to relise I couldn't give a sh*t less about spelling, or people sniveling about it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How long is it going too take for some of y'all to relise I couldn't give a sh*t less about spelling, or people sniveling about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - nice... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I really don't care if you can't spell the word "be" or have grammar worse than a monkey on acid. But when I go to the NASA webpage to find out what "capasitars" are, then you may want to sit down with a dictionary for a few hours...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I really don't care if you can't spell the word "be" or have grammar worse than a monkey on acid. But when I go to the NASA webpage to find out what "capasitars" are, then you may want to sit down with a dictionary for a few hours...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I can't help it if you can't figure out what I'm saying. 95% of everyone else either knew what I was talking about, or just didn't give a sh*t. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Stickseler

I must give a $h!t because I'm the one that started the MIA thread about you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I must give a $h!t because I'm the one that started the MIA thread about you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And did we finally conclude that he was being interviewed by federal types due to some WMD in his kitchen?

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Just givin' ya [I hate Jeeps] back. It's all in fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif