Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rebuild a dizzy or by a new one

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    Well I was out reving my truck up showing it off and the main part of my accel super coil dizzy crapped out on me. Should I spend the money to rebuild it or just by a new one. There is a green wire that has a hole in it and it kinda looks like something blew up in the wire.
    Other than that wire the dizzy looks bran new.
    The green wire goes to the Module from the part that turns is the wire that crapped the bed.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Unless your bushings are worn out in the dist just buy new pick up coil and module and replace them.

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    How would I tell if the bushing are gone? When I turn the dizzy it fells firm.
    Thanks
    adam

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

If you can get more than about .015 side to side movement from the distributor shaft inside the housing then it's a little worn, but I have run worn bushings in a distributor for a long time and as long as you don't mind a little backfire on decel then don't sweat it alot, but since your in the mood for replacing stuff, just buy a rebuilt distributor and call it good.