Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuild is Complete and it WORKS!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BAMA74K5, Mar 13, 2001.

1. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

Well I feel like I have finally accomplished something. My carb needed to be rebuilt and instead of paying someone an outragous amount to do it, I decided to tackle the job myself. I pulled the thing out, took it apart, and after two weeks of the Quad sitting in pieces on the work bench (due to tests and other school related crap) I finally got the thing put back together and mounted on the engine. I was scared because I had heard so many horror stories about how hard it is to rebuild a carb and get everything back in the right specs., and this is the first big thing that I have every done when I comes to engines. Well I put the thing back on, and after a few minor adjustments to the timing (timing is hard to get right) it fired right up and idled perfect. I am proud of myself. I love doing things myself. My dad was kind of upset because he just paid a guy $200 plus to rebuild the carb on is '63 Vette. Sorry if it sounds like I am tooting my own horn, but I am really happy.
    I just want to add that this is a great site. Keep all the great info coming.

2. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

Congragulations, i rebuilt my first quad a few months ago. Thankfully i was under the supervision of a friend who has rebuilt dozens of them. But it still felt good to do it myself

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Good job. You can save alot of money when you do it yourself.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

4. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Wayne, Congrats on the rebuild! It's not too complex, just have to pay attention. I redid my quad 1-1/2 yrs ago. The only thing I jobbed out was re-bushing the throttle rods, which made a HUGE difference...I had lots of sputtering w/ hard acceleration because air was bypassing thru the throttle rod ports. Congrats!

You can't beat going Topless!