Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rebuildable or not

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73/75 k5, Apr 20, 2000.

1. 73/75 k5

73/75 k5 Registered Member

Just wondering if the auburn pro series is rebuildable or not. When I redid my gears the guy at the shop said it was but then some friends say no its not. Seems like its no longer posi anymore, its slips in and out of posi even in mud it was breaking loose(only one tire spinning).And how are the eaton posi units? Any good?
    Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have heard the Auburn is not rebuildable. They will not sell the parts to do the job is what I have heard. I have heard good things about the new Eaton. I hear you can get carbon fiber disks and a rebuild kit for it is well under $100

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Another good choice for a super tight Posi is the Power-Lock.
    Originally it was made by Dana Corp but now Percision Gear is making them and they ARE rebuildable.
    I had a Auburn Pro in my 12bolt and when it busted all to hell i was told that it was not rebuildable. I would goto thier website and givem a call to make sure!
    http://www.auburngear.com
    good luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]