Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuildable TH350 with 203 output shaft?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Feb 22, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm considering giving up on the oh so elusive TH400 203. The TH350 203 is much easier to find and, if something like the adapter breaks, much easier to find parts for. If any of you local guys run accross a rebuildable TH350 with 203 behind it for cheap, let me know...

I've heard many times that a TH350 can be built almost as strong as a TH400, but I have no idea what is involved. What are the major points to improving a TH350???

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: Rebuildable TH350 with 203?

Major points- IMHO- the obvious cooler and shift kit, then A good case, hardened outer sprag race, 3/4" direct bushing, along with some really cool machining mods,

Best bet, get "the book" by Ron Sessions- read it, you'll have an idea what you're in for. You pay attention to detail, so you will do fine in building your own. Good luck my friend.

3. azheep

azheep Registered Member

I am in the same boat. where do i find "The Book". will i find it at a book store? I am thinking on rebuilding mine my self. I would like to have a good guide to show me the way. any info would be good. thanks.

4. BadDog

I'm guessing it's this He also seems to have one on TH400s that I've seen before (back in my GTO days) but forgotten.

5. BadDog

Still looking for a builder. None of you guys is parting out a TH350/203 truck?

6. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Russ,

I got a line on a 203 case with out the TH350, cheap. Are you intrested???

Call me.

Rob

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you drive down here, pick up the th350/203 setup i have, have it rebuilt and put in. then i will come get the th400/20-whatever you have and call it a day.
    let me know what ya think. i need a running 4x4 tranny of any kind SOON. REAL BAD SOON that is. going to get a new engine in the 76 soon. need a tranny for it as well.
    grant

8. BadDog

Yes, I might be interested, but obviously I would rather get the whole thing. Finding the tranny with correct output and the adapter separately might prove difficult. Every time I've tried something like that in the past, I wind up paying more over-all, or I find a "deal" on a complete setup later and they won't separate (so I wind up with 2 of something), etc. Is it possible that this deal will set on hold for a little while? How good is it? Can you send me a PM with the details? Thanks…

9. BadDog

LOL, sorry, I'm planning on using the TH400 205 for my doubler. And I figured I would keep the TH400 and adapter (with modified 205) to put in my son's perspective truck. He gets his license in a few months (*CRINGE*) and will be looking for a K5 or K30 when he gets a job.

10. Seventy4Blazer

grrr, well, you suck.
    hows 200 sound for the setup? minus a few odds and end for the 203 shifter.
    actualy i dont think i have the shifter at all. i would have to check.
    make a counter offer if you are interested. the tranny needs just a front pump. BUT, the rebuild was a crappy rebuild and i dont like to replace just a front pump n a tranny. all or none for an auto in my eyes.
    let me know man.
    grant

11. BadDog

Oops, forgot to answer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry...
    I was hoping to find one locally, the cost of driving down there would kill the value of the deal, even if it was much lower priced. To bad I didn't know about this a few weeks ago when I was down about 1/2 hour south of Tuscon. Wasn't really looking then, thought I had a different deal worked out, but that's another story. Anyway, if it looks like I'll be down that way for some other reason (not likely, I've yet to get closer than "south of Tuscon" to Yuma), I'll give you a yell. Thanks...

12. Seventy4Blazer

well fine then.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    im just kidding man. i understand how it is. that is one of the bad things about living in yuma. but you guys wait. one day i will have time and you will start seeing more and more yumans on here....
    grant

13. BadDog

Thanks to two of our fine AZ friends, I now have a 203 (for a TH350) and adapter. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks to LazyDog for the 203. He is a fine fellow and new to CK5. His K5 is mostly stock, and he is still in college while supporting a family so he has little time to wheel. Hopefully we will see more of him in a year when he graduates.

Also thanks to AZHeep who beat me to it by about 10 minutes but stepped out of line to let me have it since he didn't need it right away.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif To both these guys. Thanks!

Now all I need is a TH350 "K" case for a builder core, then I'll be ready for the ORD adapter and then, LOOK OUT!

14. BadDog

Also, any lead on Ford or Dodge 205s (particularly the divorced variety) would be appreciated. I need the front output from one. Same for a D70 rear axle with 1410 yoke (need the yoke and drive shaft, may consider the axle too depending on the housing).

15. Seventy4Blazer

you read on how i am doing my 205 and get the same idea? use the ford input in the chevy long input case?
    ethier way, thats how i am doing it. 250 will get you a ford 205. not from me, from the junk yard i work at. i already grabbed one so i cant get another without paying. ill see if they will go lower.
    and getting a ride up there might not be to hard with the glamis trip comming up. ill let ya know.
    grant

16. BadDog

Thanks...

No, didn't see your buildup, and it's the front shaft output I'm after. Apparently they came with 1350 yokes and sometimes even 1410s on a 32 spline output. Much stronger than the GM 10 spline garbage...

How are you using the input??? If you've already got one that your using for the input donor, what would you take for the front output? Which yoke does it have?

Hmm, maybe they have a busted (yeah, right!) or worn out /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif case you could get just the output and yoke out of? That's all I need. Not worth $200+ though. I'll just wait, something will show up, or I'll run what I have till it breaks...

17. Seventy4Blazer

ahh, i see where you are going. i will have to look what it has. but since you say that, and i didnt know that if i have it im sorry to say i would be using it. thanks for the info and sorry to say ill be shafting you in a way. but like i said i can find another. well, i should say i know where 3 or 4 other ford 205's are.
    grant

18. BadDog

LOL, not shafting me at all. Glad to help out. Just let me know if you run across something...