Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilding 1 tons?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Jul 16, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a D60 and 14bff axle housings...how much will it cost me to build these axles using the 35 spline axles and a spool in the rear. Could someone give me a price list for the parts needed and a list of stuff i should go back to the junk yard and look for. I am going out there in about 3 hours so help is needed asap. thanx

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  2. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

All you've got are housings?............... Rob a Bank!!!!

3. project84k5

project84k5 Registered Member

yikes :eek1: , i second that, i got complete axles and it still cost me about 6500 bucks to build both of mine (trashed), but thats with detroits, new gears, disk brake swap and so on and so forth, but i couldnt imagine even finding some of the parts for just the 60 housing alone :eek1:

good luck, i will find my list of bearings and seals that i used on mine, and i think i might have some spare brake parts, calipers, rotors, etc... i think i might still have the factory 4.10 gears and front carrier, pm me if you want those parts

ryan

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

If the 14B is just the housing, scrap it. There are tons of them around for next to nothing.
    The D60 - wow, I hope you have room on your credit card. If it's just a bare housing, it DOES have the bearing caps right?