Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilding axles???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Flyinhi86, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

If one was to get used 14FF and D60 axles and rebuild them with premium parts how much would it cost? Would it be hard for someone's first time? Your opinion.

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Send a private message too thatK30guy or wait and see if he answers this post, He rebuilds axles and sells them too people so he's the guy too ask about this!!!

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

3. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about the same thing except not the D60$. I think it's pretty spendy. The parts I can think of would run about 500$ and that's just all the parts you can swap out without cracking the diffs. Bearings, U joints, brakes, rotors, drums, calipers.. My idea is to have about 1500$ in my pocket to start with. Pick up the axels for under 400$ for both. Kinda hurts to think about doing it. My 1/2 ton axles have a lot of new parts on em. Brake drums, shoes, u joints, bearings, ball joints. Not sure I want to trade em out.