Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilding Carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Sep 11, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

I have a Rochester 4 barrel carb and i was wondering if there is anything i should look for when rebuilding my carb.
    Thanks

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

A Edelbrock 1406 carb. I had the last and final problem with my carb and trashed it for the Edelbrock. From worn shafts, to epoxy plugs coming loose, to gas leaks you name it. It's the difference between night and day and came out of the box ready to go. Had to make a small idle mixture adjustment.

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I've not done a Rochester, but I have done Holley and Carter. I would suggest to rebuild it all in one sitting. In other words, don't take it apart and put it back together in a few days because you may forget where everything went. Also, make sure to clean it very well and use gloves when handling the parts cleaner. The nasty smell will last for days!!!! Be very observant and keep an eye on all the parts.

<font color=red>"Maybe you could drive better with that cell phone up your azz?!!!"</font color=red>

4. they're not too bad. i also recomend doing it in one shot start to finish. also check out the sept. issue of fourwheeler, they had a cool article about rebuilding q jets.

<font color=blue>"What does mine say?"
    "SWEET! What does mine say?"
    "DUDE!" </font color=blue>