Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilding NP208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lotsa_Faith, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Where can I get a rebuild kit for a NP208? whats involved in installing the kit?

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thinkin' there's a driveway rebuild article for a 208 in one of the more recent Peterson mags...if ya can't find a kit at a parts store, I'd guess that most any tranny shop could hook you up somehow...Years ago I got my Milemarker chain saver and part time kit for my 203 from some 4wd shope over off Denton drive and lbj...

3. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

oh JD btw...i saw you over in my part of town today goin over the wilmeth rd. bridge heading south. would've stopped you but i was w/my friend in his civic...just got the truck out of the shop yesterday. had missing/clogged vaccum lines, and the metal mesh filter that goes inside the paper filter was so clogged that no air was going through it. carburetur needs rebuilt, choke got rebuilt...they said it was amazing that it even ran (i've been takin it to farmersville and back). i guess thats what i get for choosing a chevy...

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I see kits every-so-often on ebay. Check randys ring and pinion they might be able to help.

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Dang! Bet it runs better now...Wilmeth road is the "shortcut" to Homely Depot for me...I stopped by the place behind Blockbuster...some guy in a Dodge PU was drivin' around really careful just tryin' to get some mud to stick to his truck...looks like it might be an OK place...I'll give it a shot sometime when I got my play tires on instead of the AT's....Hope ya have a nice Holiday... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif