Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rebuilding spring pack and moving shackle mount??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by readymix, Nov 12, 2004.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Need some suggestions here. I spent the last few days removing the D60 and front leaf springs on the 87. Now that i have it all apart and have ordered the HD greasable bushings from ORD i need a few questions answered.

1. Where did you move the frame mount to to fix the shackle angle. I searched and saw a few pics but none were really clear. I have the stock to make the new shackles and have read that most do about 7". I am sure it will be a trial and error thing.

2. I am going to take the spring packs apart and repaint them. Not for looks because i don't really care about that. I feel that the springs will ride a lot better if there is not any rust between the springs.
    has anyone done this and do you have any suggestions as far as paint or procedure?? I have done Ad-A-Leaf's before so I can handle it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

you can see mine in this pic... that is the shackle moved about 3.5" forward, 52" springs.
    [​IMG]