Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilding TB on 1990 K5 (TBI)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hardcore, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Spring is here and its time to do some work on the K5. My stock 350 runs good but idles a little rough and the rpms fluctuate (surging) at idle. I'm getting a TBI rebuild kit from Oreily for $30 and some cleaner. I'm told it's easy to do, any tips???
    What else should I do? Can I clean the IAC motor, what about the MAP sensor?

Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Replace the injectors also.

3. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

What for, they spray fine??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Besides, too much money considering I'm going to go to a TurboCity setup once I rebuild the engine, no need wasting money on small injectors

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Just pull it apart clean it and seal it back up...You can add a adjustable FPR like the one from JET or get a GM factory vacuum ref. FPR. I have the JET one on my 454 and it IS better than having NO adjustability but I am itching to get the vacuum referenced one on. That way I will be running stoich at idle and the fuel pressure will jump up as engine vacuum drops as you tip in the throttle...

There is NO need to replace injectors unless they are spraying like crap or not spraying at all...Also make sure the kit comes with fuel line o-rings and DON'T over tighten the fuel line fittings when you put them back on or you will bust the fuel line boss off the back of the injector pod...
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Chris

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Pm'ed you.