Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rebuilding throttle body - really small filters?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Mar 30, 2003.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Got my TB kit today, there are some real small filter looking things that came with it...they arent in the directions, dont see where they go, but one of the old ones fell out, have no idea where its supposed to go...these arent the ones that go on the injectors, they are more of a ring with the filter going across it...like a drum (the ones on the injectors in the shape of an air filter)

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm sitting here w/ my '90 factory unit repair manual, and in the blown up view of the TBI unit, the only thing labeled "filter" is the "Filter - Fuel Injector - Lower".
    It looks like a little air-cleaner like you said. I don't see anything else that is a filter or screen. All I see is plenty of seals and gaskets. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Sorry.

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

No, it looks more like a drum...the one that looks like the air filter is the one on the injector...but since its a lower filter, makes me think this thing is the upper one