Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rebuilding vacuum system

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Oct 22, 2002.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I have a 84 k5 with a stock 305 with federal emisions. My vacuum hoses of course are shot so I'm using my emissions sticker to re run all of my hoses. I've got a lot of it done, but I need help with one thing. I have two of the rubber four hose plugs towards the front of the engine. They are both shot. One sits on top of the thermostat housing, and I don't remember what the other one is hooked up to. My question is, do I need to find exact replacements for these things? or can I just plug new hoses up to the outlets one at a time?
    I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks
    P.S. did some big puddles this weekend on a trail with my daughter in the truck. She's only 6 and already a mud junkie. One of them was a little too deep. We started to float the floor pan and lost traction. Luckily, we were close to the other side and coasted through. You got to love rainy weather.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah you can hook the hoses up dirrectly. I have never been able to find those ends in the aftermarket. I ended up doing the same thing and just plugging them into The control.
    It didn't rain that bad in Marietta. Where the heck did you find that deep of puddle? You at the powerline off 92 or something?

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

That's good to know. I tried to glue those things back together, but they'ry so bad they just crumbled. Now my idle is Just a little Rough !! We went out with a friend of mine from Bremen and followed a trail next to the little tallapoosa on his brother's land. The little tallapoosa is the one you cross over on 20 west before you get to Allabama. The rain wasn't that much, but it was just enough to make one area of the river spill over into the trail. Either that or I lost the trail and was in the river bed. That river is so shallow that it's width can change a lot with just a little rain. It'll be 3 feet wide one day and 40 feet wide after 1/2 inch of rain. Than the next day it goes back down to nothing.I think I remember him saying "I think it dips down here a little. And I said No, It looks pretty flat. My daughter Gracie thought the whole thing was hillarious. She's such a good little redneck. I do think I could use taller tires now.