Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilt the Bench Seat in my 1985 K30 Myself

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Since I did not want to spend $1000 on a new semi-bench seat for my 1985 K30, I decided just to rebuild the factory bench seat in it myself. I tore it down to the bare frame, and then ordered a new cold molded bottom seat cushion and the upholstery (with hog ring kit) from LMC. All of the stuff I bought from LMC came to about $430 with shipping. I went to a local industrial hardware store and bought all new seat springs ($2.30 each) for it too. The seat should look good with the new carpet kit I also just installed in the truck. I am going to install it in my truck this afternoon. Rebuilding these seats is not very hard to do at all. Will post more pictures of it when installed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picture of seat installed (sorry for the crummy pictures, but all I have is a cheap $80 digital camera)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Great job, looks good!

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

cool i may do the same in the future both the 89 scotsdales i have have a rip in the cloth bench on the drivers side :D

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks man!

5. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Looks like you did a good job on the seat :saweet:

6. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Its really cool to see someone go through the effort of putting something back like it was when it would be so easy/tempting to just junk it and put a differnt seat in there.

There are parts of my Blazer that I will never change, like the seats, just because they remind me of my Blazer when I first got it. I want to keep enough of it origional so that I still recognize it for the blazer that it used to be as well as the Blazer I turned it into.

Looks great. :thumb: