Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rebuilt Transfer cases

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by orangeGMC, Jan 27, 2005.

1. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

I wanna get a new/rebuilt transfer case. Does anybody know a good place to look? And what would be a good price for a NP 203?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Are you to say you have a 203 that needs replaced or rebuilt, or you just want a 203 new or rebuilt and you don't have on.e
    If you have one, I would just recommend you find a shop near you that you trust. POst in the regions forums here to mabey find one. I know a really god one in Saginaw, MI, but I didn't look at your profile yet.
    If you don't have one, you need to get one. 203's are pretty cheap. If you go someplace and say I want a new/rebuilt 203, they will rape you for a "core" charge. Go spend $50-$100 at a junkyard, then rebuild it.

3. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

I have a NP203 now but it is past rebuild I believe. The previous owner did a number on it. I am in in CT, and the shops that I know of around here either don't wanna touch it or can't really get into it until like spring. So I was gonna shop around for a replacement.

4. jkce457

jkce457 1/2 ton status

There's a bunch of NP203's in the bargain news. I'm sure you could fine a used one locally that doesn't need to be rebuilt.