Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reccomendation for Dual Exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RJB44, Jan 13, 2007.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

Can anyone make a reccomendation for a Daul Exhaust system for 89-91 Blazer/Jimmy?

Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i use to love dual exaust systems. but these days i have found a good flowing ypipe and single in dual out muffler will bark better in my opinion. as i like flowmaster sound. i have had both single muffler and dual muffler. single barks better. and this gives less problems with tcase clearence.

with your tbi fed vehicle if you go duals make sure thay stay away from the fuel lines and filter on the frame by the tcase. lots of places forget thay are there.

3. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

How about rock slider side pipes :waytogo:

4. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

best option is go to a muffler shop and have them custom bend one to your liking, that way you dont have to compromise on what you want.

5. 86454K30

86454K30 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had both dual exhaust and 3" single. I had an 86 K20 factory dual exhaust no cat truck, I put 3" single exhaust on it. That was the only time I added exhaust and fealt a difference in performance. My buddy has an 89 V30 cc and he put dual 3"...sounds terrible and runs just as bad. Just thought I'd ad my 2 cents.

6. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

My 88 blazer with TBI has true dual flowmasters and it drives fine and sounds good.

7. 86454K30

86454K30 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I wasn't sayin it won't work I was just tellin my experience.

8. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

i but headers on my tbi with dual 2 1/2" pipes out the back and i could tell a difference. the shop i went to also ran all the pipes above the cross members. you can only see it by the collector and the gass tank. nice and quite inside loud out back.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont think there are any aftermarket true dual systems for TBI trucks.
    You will have to go to a muffler shop and have a custom exhaust made.
    but
    IMHO A 3" single mandrel bent system with a good flowing Ypipe works just as good or better with TBI and is cheaper than dual.

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup.. I'll more than likely take that route..

The ONLY thing I hate about a single system is the fact you have a Y-pipe...

11. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

X2.

12. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

I got a dual kit from JC Whitney for less than $200 for my 90 Burb with a TBI 350. I lost some pep on the top end, but made a difference in the low end. Pulls awesome until about 2500rpm then it gets sluggish if I've got alot of weight in back. True dual 2.25 inch, glasspacks (sets off car alarms) and everything stays next to the frame rails, so nothing is lower than the trans crossmember. I have the same setup in my wifes 88 Burb only with turbo mufflers. Not a huge difference between the old and new (had a whopping 3.5 inch single before). Only reason I replaced that one was the cat plugged up and the rest of the stuff was rusted so bad I used a set of channel locks and a hammer to pull it out.

13. cwbytruckr

cwbytruckr Registered Member

ibeen lookin for a true dual system for my burban and i found one on summitracing.com, for about 325 comes with headers and all the pipes pre bent and fits 4x4 in our years..might check that out if ya havent made a decision yet.....i also plan on doin the tbi on mine after i get whichever exhaust i choose, maybe we can compare notes when the time comes