Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Receiver Hitch, Steel Rims and Misc. Parts

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Lance, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I sold the K5 over the weekend and have some odd parts that I need to get rid of to finish cleaning out the garage. Here is the list, prices do not include shipping.

Class III Receiver Hitch w/ partial wiring harness (needs plug-in adapter) -- $50.00 <font color="red"> SOLD to BranndonC!! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Mix of GM 8-lug steel wheels, (1) 16x7, (1)16x8 and (2) 16x? (Don't know, they have tires on them.) -- $5 each as is.

Stock set of 52" rear GM springs off a '90 K5. One side has broken 2nd leaf and is currently disassemble, the other side is intact -- $20.00

Stock front swaybar and mounting brackets from '90 K5 -- $15.00

Complete set of Stock rear shackle hangers from '90 K5. Has some chisel marks around factory rivet locations. Could be used to fab up a "homebrew" shackle flip -- $10.00

Master Cylinder from late '70's Corvette. Bench bled, but never installed -- $10.00 <font color="red"> SOLD to Clubba68!! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I currently travel around AL, W / Central GA and Middle/Eastern TN. Delivery MAY be an option. If you want the items shipped, my zip code is 35068.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

will a reciever like that mount in the front? i'm looking for a front reciever, and ifso whats shipping to 93105
    dibs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Here's a pic of the receiver hitch, so you can get an idea on how it mounts up:
    [​IMG]

The dimension from inside edge to inside edge is 30-1/2"

The dimension from top of cross tube to bottom of mounting bracket is 4"

Need any other dimensions, let me know and I'd be glad to get them for you.

Thanks for the interest,

Lance

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, i'm runnin out side now to check, could you measure from the end of the cross tube to the end of the reciver square, so i will know how far it will stick out. Thanks
    Branndon

p.s. glad you sold the k5 and got the problem somewhat solved /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i just measured and my frame is like 27 inches apart, so unless i had a friend help me fab something i dont think it'll work. Take me out of line untill i find out if its doable. But i'll take the air hammer.
    Branndon

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

From the front of the square cross tube to the end of the receiver hitch is 4".

From the back of the square cross tube to the end of receiver hitch is 7".

Take a close look at the pic because there's a plate that is welded to the front of the cross tube and the receiver hitch is partially welded to that plate and partially welded to the cross tube. You might want to make sure of this will clear as well. FYI, when the receiver was mounted in the rear of my old K5, this plate ran underneath the license plate on the stock bumper.

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Master Cylinder from late '70's Corvette. Bench bled, but never installed -- $10.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the condition of this item? Do you have any pictures? I am very interested.
    Thanks.

8. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I bought this MC brand new from NAPA about a year ago. Like I said, I bench bled it, but never installed it. Turns out my stock MC had plenty of bias to operate the rear disc brakes correctly, so I had no need to swap out the MC's. It's been sitting on a shelf in my garage ever since that time. I'd say it's in 98% of the condition of I bought it in a year ago. I'll try to get some pics of it up for you this afternoon.

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Lemme ask T-Roy to make sure it will work with my application, and if he says it will, I will take it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about this since you posted up your dimensions and I finally was able to make since of the disparity. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif IIRC, this receiver hitch was mounted to the bottom of the frame rails. With the postion of the gas tank on a later model K5, there is no way to mount it between the frame rails. This means if you wanted to use it up front, you'd likely also have to mount it to the bottom of the frame rails. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But then you start running into core supports, spring hangers, etc. So, unless you cut the cross tube and re-welded the end plates, I don't believe there is any safe way to install this particular hitch to the front of a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good luck with your search,

Lance

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks lance, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, ok i'll take the hammer thing and reciever hitch, sending money tonight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Hey Lance, did you get a chance to take a pic of the booster? I think I am going to take it. Can you please total it up with shipping to 97239? Thanks.
    Feel free to drop me a PM. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

BranndonC,

Thanks, I got the payment. I'll get everything boxed up this afternoon and drop it by FedEx tomorrow afternoon on my way home from work.

Clubba68,

Sorry, I took the picture but didn't get a chance to upload the pics from the camera before I left work yesterday. I'm heading over to Georgia today, so I won't have a chance to post them today. I promise I'll do it first thing in the morning. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks to you both,

Lance

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

PM me with info and everything whenever you get back.

16. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Pics added. Sorry for the delay. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Still have the 8-lug rims, rear springs, rear shackle hangers and sway-bar. If you need a full size spare, one of these rims would do the trick and the springs could be used for a 52" front set-up.

I've also reconsidered, if you want any of these items shipped I'll do it at your cost.

18. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

19. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im interested in the 16x8 8 lug steel wheel. Need it for a spare tire. If you happen to have a 37" spare to fit on that rim Id take that too. Shippin to 23229?

20. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM.