Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

receiver installation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Apr 21, 2000.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

the rig had a receiver on it when purchased. truck was running like crap, checked and changed every-damn-thing. dad-in-law suggested fuel pump replacement. when i tried to drop the tank, it looked like i had to remove the receiver first, so i did. after R&R on the fuel pump and tank, i tried to re-install my receiver. but now my tank shield is in the way! it looks like i maybe coulda left the rec on after all.
    so now, i can't drop the two forward-most bolts through their holes. if i remove the rear bumper, can i see (and reach) the holes? or do i have to remve the farging cover (and tank)?!? are two bolts good enough to entrust to pulling a trailer full of valuable crap? it's the mother-in-law's crap, so.......

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I've taken my receiver off a few times. Inside the frame rail there should be 4 (total) long rectangle pieces of steel with square holes for the carrage bolts to drop through. The rectangle steel & square holes secure the bolts. You may have to look or feel inside the chassis to find them.

You also shouldn't ahve to drop the bumper to replace it.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. mico85K5

mico85K5 Registered Member

Speaking of receivers, I have a hitch that hangs down (would be perfect for a truck with a lift-which it looks like I won't be getting any time soon) and I drag it on every steep grade when off-roading. Was wondering if anyone wanted to trade me for a straight receiver that would work better on my (not lifted) truck?

He is a pic of me dragging it. . .

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/3728/blazer12.JPG

Driving your blazer=FUN!